terça-feira, 12 de julho de 2016

Bosnia-Herzegovina: 127 buried victims of the Srebrenica massacre, 21 years after

Thousands of people gathered to pay tribute at the Potocari Memorial Center, where are buried more than 6000 victims. About 1300 people are found of or identify.

For many this ceremony is the closing a painful chapter of their lives.

"I lost my husband here and managed to escape with my two sons to the mountains, in the direction of Tuzla, in 1995. After all these years, they found the body of my husband. In fact, they found only a few of its bones. Are these remains that funeral today, "said a woman.

"I feel like disappearing from the earth when I hear someone say we're lying about the massacre. How can anyone say we're lying? You should be ashamed. I'm no t my father or my mother, or my husband with me. He was only 20 years old when he killed them. I was left with three little girls, "said another.

The atrocities began in July 1995 have been classified as genocide by the international justice.

If You Enjoyed This, Take 5 Seconds To Share It