sábado, 11 de abril de 2015

Orthodox Christians celebrate good Friday

"This is very special to me because I'm a Christian and Orthodox come from the United States. All my life I have dreamed of this visit to the Holy Land and this year I had the opportunity to come. For me it's a great thrill to be on this sacred site and follow the last steps of Christ "â€" says an American citizen.

Good Friday is also celebrated in the Gaza Strip, Palestinian territory ruled by the Islamist movement Hamas. The two Orthodox Christian churches filled with faithful.

In Egypt the Coptic Christian Easter coincides with a national holiday which celebrates the arrival of spring. A day which ultimately unite believers of all faiths.

"The best of Easter is that Christians and Muslims celebrate together this party. Is a holiday that unites the whole country because everyone is off "â€" explains a young Egyptian.

If You Enjoyed This, Take 5 Seconds To Share It