terça-feira, 23 de setembro de 2014

Homeless of Athens organising sightseeing tours

The idea may seem strange, but they're their own homeless Greek capital who is promoting this initiative. The guides are also current or former homeless man: "If my experience influence someone helping or giving care to someone, or if you touch people's hearts and make them give something, I feel satisfied," says Christos Bakoyannis, one of the guides who participate in the project. Says Dana Moustakis, another Guide: "I live in a home for homeless people. The crisis was like a slap in the face, but not down. I told myself I had to fight. "

The idea of these pathways is alerting visitors to homelessness: "what I noticed was that these people have large capacities and can do important things, if they are helped," says Vicki Pasomenou, a woman who participated in one of these tours.

"Invisible Routes" is the name of this program, which was born by the hand of the distributed newspaper Shedia and partly produced by homeless people from Greece.

If You Enjoyed This, Take 5 Seconds To Share It