segunda-feira, 5 de outubro de 2015

Death and destruction on the French Riviera

By surprise and with a great violence, the rains diluvianas in the French Riviera, they left a trail of death and destruction.

17 people lost their lives and 4 are missing.

Many of the victims were trapped by the waters when trying to save the cars.

In Mandelieu-la-Napoule seven people died in these circumstances.

"In ten minutes the water rose up to here, in 10 minutes and with the doors closed. There was a whirlwind, it was terrible, "says one man.

In Antibes, a campsite, in addition to the destruction, one person lost his life, too, as he headed for the car. Many British tourists thought they wouldn't escape.

"I thought I was going to die, because when it was happening I thought let me go with the flow ... to down there. There was a girl behind me, wanted to go get the car disappeared. ُEu managed to grab me, "said another man.

Thousands of people were homeless and many homes do not have electricity and water. Public transport remain constrained.

If You Enjoyed This, Take 5 Seconds To Share It