terça-feira, 19 de abril de 2016

Ecuador: sobe number of fatalities caused by earthquake

Are already at least 350 the deaths confirmed, following the earthquake of 7.8 on the Richter scale that struck Ecuador on Saturday, but the President of the country fears that the balance can be even more tragic. There are also thousands of wounded.

The Ecuadorian Red Cross mobilized more than 800 volunteers to search for survivors. Many, like Betty Reigns, not find family members: "I couldn't sleep last night and I won't be able to sleep tonight because I'm upset, desperate to find my family, see them, know that they're safe".

"I never imagined that something like this would happen. Our families are very worried. It's awful! "said another survivor.

One of the elem ents of the rescue team said the media: "the town is nearly deserted. There is no electricity or basic services "

If You Enjoyed This, Take 5 Seconds To Share It