quinta-feira, 30 de julho de 2015

USA: Zion Harvey, the first child to receive a double hand transplant

The surgery, unprecedented occurred earlier this month, the children's Hospital of Philadelphia, in the United States of America.

"When I met the Zion, I asked him, and I didn't know what would be the answer," want hands for? With eight years of age, I imagined the kind of response that would give me. He told me, I want to climb the iron bars, "says the Director of transplantation of hands of the children's Hospital of Philadelphia, l. Scott Levin.

The hands and feet of the little Zion Harvey had to be amputated a few years ago because of an infection. Since then it has moved with the help of prosthetics.

The operation took place during 11:0. The surgical team was made up of 40 people and used screws and metal plates in order to join the bones "old" with new ones. Then followed the delicate operation to connect muscles, nerves, tendons, veins and arteries.

The boy claims that "If you don't go well, doesn't run, because I had my family to support him."

If You Enjoyed This, Take 5 Seconds To Share It